Members and guests gathered at Mill Creek Cattle Company on June 30th to celebrate another successful season. Cat Soto chaired the group that chose a black and white theme to set the tone to honor the great performances we enjoyed on our stage as well as all our volunteers.
Ellen Schollenberger gave a brief summary of how the judging is done or our theater and introduced the judges, who were known only to Ellen and one Board member. The judges were Del Barrett, Dot Hallinan, Susana Harkins, Cathryn Oltman, Laura Palmer, Ted Parsons, Rita Reading, Rose-Marie Raumin, and Jeanne Shevlin.
Awards for show participations went as follows:
- Costumes – Cherie Riley and Kim Lombard for Southern Hospitality
- Set Design – Phillip Gabriel and Eric Gruenler for Witness for the Prosecution
- Set Decoration – Phillip Gabriel and Mary Carruthers for Witness for the Prosecution
- Technical Design – Mark Rogers for The Rainmaker
- Cameo Performance – Cody Perry for The Rainmaker
- Supporting Actress – Pamela Lambert as Janet Mackenzie in Witness for the Prosecution
- Supporting Actor – Steve Johnson as Sheriff Thomas in The Rainmaker
- Lead Actress – Norma Ferrales as Rhonda Lynn Futrelle Lampley in Southern Hospitality
- Lead Actor – William Gillean as Sir Wilfrid Robarts in Witness for the Prosecution
- Director – Kellie McDonald for The Rainmaker
Special Footlighters’ awards, chosen by the Board, were presented to well deserving individuals. The President’s award for recognition of an individual who provides service “above and beyond” was presented by President Vicki Janis to Carol Steele. The Ann Salpas award for “no matter the job” was presented to Pat Adeff. The Ed Parry Award for “energy and personality that light the stage” was awarded to Alexis Rafter. The Joe Camp Memorial Leadership award for “outstanding leadership” was given to Tom Hurst.
Three scholarship recipients who will pursue theater in college were also recognized. This year, three ladies were honored for their participation during their school years. From RHS, Julia Bray. From REV, Emily Quinn. The first recipient from Citrus Valley was Alexis Scanlon, who has also been in two shows at Footlighter’s this year.