Redlands Footlighters will hold auditions on June 15 and 16 at 7:00 PM for Exit Laughing, written by Paul Elliott and directed by Cindi East. Learn more about the play.
Auditions will consist of cold reading from the script. Setting is Birmingham, Alabama, so Southern accents are preferred.
A rehearsal calendar will be posted at auditions so please come prepared with conflicts. All conflicts must be stated on audition form. If you bring a resume please have it stapled to the theater-provided audition form.
Rehearsals may begin immediately and generally run Monday through Thursday evenings. The schedule will be finalized after casting. Exit Laughing runs August 8-30. There is no pay.
- RACHEL ANN (20’s): A moderately attractive college student who seems to have issues with life and men until bridge night opens her eyes. She has a bit of an attitude.
- CONNIE HARLAND (Mid-Late 50’s): Rachel’s mother. Discovers on bridge night that contrary to what she believes, life doesn’t end at 55.
- LEONA (Mid-Late 50’s): One of Connie’s closest friends and long standing member of the bridge club. Beautician by day and caustic lush by preference, which is evident in her voice.
- MILLIE (Mid-Late 50’s): Another of Connie’s friends and long standing member of the bridge club. She marches to the beat of a different drummer. She is the one who “borrows” the ashes of the fourth member of the bridge club.
- POLICEMAN/BOBBY (20’s): Rachel’s love interest and male stripper. Must be able to pull off a modified strip tease convincingly.
- BUTTER-BUT: The cat. Makes a couple of appearances so we need a real cat who can be carried on and off and not be freaked out by an audience.